Bariatric Surgery- 13 Reasons you still need to Exercise
Gastric Bypass Workouts- Lose Belly Fat! After having weight loss surgery, bariatric patients must follow an exercise program to keep losing weight and maintain weight loss. Here are 13 reasons why…
Post Bariatric Surgery- Dust off your Running Shoes
Gastric bypass surgery is gaining in popularity, and it’s easy to see why. Morbid obesity is one of the leading causes of death, and for many who weigh over four-hundred pounds, joining a health club just isn’t going to cut it. Weight loss surgery, including gastric bypass, banding, and gastric sleeve, offers people who suffer with obesity a new lease on life, provided they follow a bariatric surgery diet and adopt a post-surgery approved exercise program.
After Gastric Bypass Surgery, but Before Picking up the Dumbbells
- Consult your bariatric surgeon before starting a new workout regimen. It’s important to allow proper time for your stomach muscles to recuperate before trying to strengthen your abdominal muscles.
- Drink plenty of water before and after exercise, in addition to between meals.
- Don’t reward yourself by eating high-calorie foods. Follow a healthy, balanced diet for gastric bypass patients while including fitness into your lifestyle.
- Don’t get discouraged if you miss a workout, or even more than a few; jump right back on the weight loss bandwagon!
- Be realistic about your exercise goals. Start small, and slowly build strength and stamina.
13 Benefits of Exercising Post Weight Loss Surgery
- Strength training increases lean muscle, which in turn boosts your fat-burning metabolism
- Following a fitness program is crucial for maximum weight loss
- Stronger muscles mean more energy, and less back aches
- Firm muscle tone reduces flabby skin, tightens tummy muscles after bariatric surgery
- Improves flexibility of the joints
- Strengthens your bones
- Every day physical activities become easier to accomplish
- Promotes healthier skin
- Boosts immune system
- Triggers mood-elevating endorphins
- With increased weight loss and toned muscles, improves self-esteem and confidence
- Relieves stress, anxiety, nervousness, depression, and panic disorder
- Improves quality of life